What is being active and moving?
When we think about being active and moving, it is easy to start thinking it has to be something big like going to a gym or running a marathon. Whilst those things are great for some people, being active and moving more means different things to different people. The important thing is that being active and moving is right for you, is something you enjoy and that fits into your daily life.
Even little changes to your daily routines can have a big impact on you and the people around you such as walking more for short journeys instead of using the car or public transport.
- Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Start with the small things and see how you get on.
- Start with bursts of 10- minutes of being active such as a walk in the park, leaving the car for the school run, dancing in your living room or getting off the bus a stop earlier.
- Try to get other people involved
- Taking part in being active with other people always helps to keep you motivated.
- Have fun, enjoy what you are doing and you will feel so much better for being active.
- Be proud, wanting to move more to help your health is an amazing thing to do.
- Every Move Counts!
A move can be anything
We all have different lifestyles and we are all different shapes and sizes. The important thing is to find the move that can fit around your daily life. We know how it feels to take the first step into moving more and that it can be a little daunting. It can be difficult to decide how you might want to move more but we can support you along your fitness journey.
Being active can be whatever you want it to be, it doesn’t have to be hours of sweating for it to have huge benefits to you, feeling more energetic, having better sleep, being more confident, improved mood and generally feeling happy are signs of your becoming more active.
Becoming more active
Become more active with us, if you need support starting up contact us online.
We understand that some people may need additional support to be active so if you have a long term health condition, find out more about how you can become active for health.