Tennis can be a fun way to improve your physical and mental health. Whether you decide to play on a grass court, clay court, or no court at all, playing tennis can significantly increase your health and fitness levels.
Places to play Tennis
- Carlton Park has two tennis courts, which are bookable through Carlton Bowling Club
- Darton Park has two tennis courts with open access
- Locke Park has two tennis courts with metal nets as part of the multi-use games area
- Pilley Pocket Park has one tennis court with metal net as part of the multi-use games area
- Barnsley Lawn Tennis Club located just outside Barnsley town centre has 7 courts, 4 of which have a modern synthetic grass surface. The Club have several teams, Seniors, Juniors and Minis, which offer competitive play for members in local and regional leagues.